Support NATA 2014

Main News Audio Favorites Reviews Stats 36 Fans
Follow FlaggedOnArrival

Fading Fading

Rated 3 / 5 stars March 11, 2014

i get the idea behind the music, but there's no real.... drop... the wubs should wub your wub wubbity wubbington? they just kinda fizz and pop. nothing to harsh on the ears but probably more chillstep than dubstep.

Space Dubtrot Imogen Heap Space Dubtrot Imogen Heap

Rated 3.5 / 5 stars December 1, 2013

Hello.
Review:

Nice melody. I felt the urge to get into the music early on. You have these things going for you with this song:

Melody. Beat. Flow.

The melody of the vocals along with the wubs and piano was well placed. You took it to a level of composure that only even a handful of artists here on NG's can achieve.

The beat was superb. A little build up here, a little drop down there, you really had me close my eyes and immerse myself into the beat.

The flow of the song is what really made me listen through to the end. A little chord dissonance towards the end but nothing to complain about because whether you intended it or it was an accident, the dissonance really made the song come alive.

However, you have these things against your creation:

No drop. No grind. No "umphf".

The entire song I was waiting for a drop. It made the song a "chillstep" beat instead of dubstep.

The song was grindless, and what I mean by that is; If I were playing an MMO, grinding experience, I need a song I can repeat over and over. This was not that song. After a while it all just starts to sound the same. Intro, Hook, Beat, it's all very near the same.

There was little umphf in the wubs and bassline. For a dubstep song you absolutely have to emphasize at least at one point in the song.

I love the IDEA you have here. Work on it. Make it progress. Make it something your grandmother's ears would bleed to.

3.5/5 my friend, to show that I lean over the halfway mark one full measure in your favor in hopes of hearing something spectacular from you!

~FoA~

Three Eyed Beauty Three Eyed Beauty

Rated 4.5 / 5 stars October 30, 2013

Loving the slow beginning leading to the simple drop. That tone fades perfectly with each bass hit. 1:24 gets really good marks from me for it's transition.

the drop at 1:51 into that melody and wobble... um... if it were louder and had more reverb it would probably leave me speechless.

4.5 for visionary and exemplary production quality.
5 vote from me.
-FoA-

TheBehemoth responds:

Thanks man! Appreciate the in-depth review!

Adventurous Loop Adventurous Loop

Rated 5 / 5 stars September 13, 2013

This is a seamless loop. Perfect for a console type game's menu BGM. 5/5 10/10 FoA

MedalManiac responds:

Thank you!

This Vast Expanse This Vast Expanse

Rated 5 / 5 stars July 6, 2013

R.I.P. person I did not know. Very moving music considering the thoughts behind the curtain on this piece Slay.

Slaytesics responds:

Ravi shankar was a prominent figure in 20th century classical, popular, and world music.

Battle Dispair Battle Dispair

Rated 5 / 5 stars June 2, 2012

That is one sick ass drum beat. Just sayin'.

5/5 5/5

Keep up the good work mang.

Never let go.. (UtÃf¸ya) Never let go.. (UtÃf¸ya)

Rated 5 / 5 stars March 9, 2012

Very solemn and spellbinding. I like the melody between 0:50 although when woodwinds around 1:15 or so don't quite mix well with the strings. I do however think this is a VERY beautiful arrangement. I'm positive whomever may be listening down on this would surely feel at peace, inside and out. A soul may leave a body, but never shall it die. That's the image you portray in this track, and rightly so.

5/5 10/10

Dovahkiin 3000 Dovahkiin 3000

Rated 5 / 5 stars March 5, 2012

I took an arrow to the knee because I was stunned by this track. Thanks.

Tortured Past Tortured Past

Rated 3.5 / 5 stars February 29, 2012

First I would like to clarify;

I am not voting 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 on this track.

I am impartial because i like the melody of the pads, but I dislike the transitions between them. The transitions wouldn't be that big of a deal but, you only transition between 2 pads.

That being said I will however cast a vote using this review.

Keep on making music, as I am somewhat enthused to hear what else you have to offer the NewGrounds music portal.

-+/5 and 7/10

Intercepting Transmission Intercepting Transmission

Rated 5 / 5 stars February 29, 2012

Im gonna have to go ahead and rate/review this one. Very translucent piece. Soul shattering, yet equivocally inspiring. I have always been one of interest in merging classical/orchestral type music with the beats of techno/trance and the likes.

Really nothing to criticize here.
Feel free to listen to my latest submissions as well.

5/5 10/10

Omni-Psyence responds:

I'm also a big fan of the synthetic orchestral tone palette. It's seriously my favorite sonic medium to work in! I'm glad you enjoyed the track, and thanks for checking it out. Keep an eye on my account, as I will be updating with new content regularly!